Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Perseverance

'Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.' ~ Oprah Winfrey

Happy New Year!! I am sure most of you have started to tackle your new year resolutions already. This year I have been a bit slow to catch up...or take up my pen and jot down mine.



I was analyzing the how's and whys of my resolutions after making them. I want to make lasting changes in my life not just make goals that are superfluous and unattainable.

Since I am a SAHM (Stay-At-Home Mom) now I have a different working schedule. I know you are wondering what 'working schedule' when I am not working right? Well to device a time schedule that works for me is precisely one of my most important resolution. Will throw some light on that topic when I finally work it out.

Note of caution:
Resolutions are not meant for the weak hearted. It is like making a promise to oneself and keeping it. We often fail to follow through when the promise is to ourselves. And so we slowly lose trust in ourselves....we start to doubt ourselves even before we commit to something.

Note to remember:
Perseverance is one of the most important quality that one needs while undertaking any kind of resolution.

By definition Perseverance means:
Steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

If we only had this one unique quality we would have achieved what we aim to much sooner.
But we are feeble and deviate from our goals when we see no results or when we fail to see what we had hoped to see within a span of time.

When we make new year resolutions we set out with enthusiasm and list out the things that we wish to attain. But slowly we lose track of them. Our enthusiasm lowers and we fail to meet our goals.

This year let us try to set goals and make sure that we meet them. Let us make a promise to ourselves and keep it. Let us learn to trust ourselves. Let us be what we want our children to one day become.

Today I will list some of the steps that I took to make my new year resolutions. I will elaborate on them later.

STEPS:
1. Write down your goals.
2. Break them up into further points / goals.
3. Devise a plan to help you achieve your goal.
4. Set a time-line to achieve them.
5. Be accountable.
6. Work up a support system.
7. Motivation and persistence.
8. Review yourself.

1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback on the articles you read.
If you are a blogger like me please feel free to leave links to your blog so I can visit them and read your articles too.
Thank you!!