Monday, 16 May 2011

Double Trouble!!

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."~ Unknown
 
There are moments in life when you look at the lives of those around you and think "Oh! well that can't happen to me"  or "Thank God! that didn't happen to me". But sooner or later you might end up in the exact spot or situation in your life and wonder "What will I do now?". And there are times in life when you are already in a muddle and feel that this is the worst that could happen....and what could possibly be more worse than this when you end up in more stressful situation.
I don't know if this has happened to you my friends but for me the last few weeks of the last month starting from Maundy Thursday has been like this. I was already in a mess and I was trying to gather my wits when I was faced with a more serious and troubling problem. My son had fallen sick......I know this is not something new for a parent and this is inevitable but he was running a high fever for a whole week and following that he had a horrible cough that would make him throw up the very little that he had stomached. So 1st week he was on paracetamol 4 times a day , the 2nd week he was on Antibiotics and on the 3rd he was found to have rotavirus infection. The once plump toddler was reduced to a skinner version. Three weeks of hell.....and then finally I began to see things more clearly.
I was faced with a situation that would or could change my life in the future for a long or short duration of time. Then I was faced with a situation that affected me in the present moment. I gave up worrying about the problem that had been bothering me.... the one that had no definite boundaries and for which I couldn't find any solution to and began to focus on my current and most important problem (my son's illness). My son's illness was a revelation to me of what is more important to me in my life (my priority). I realized that nothing is more important to me than my families health and happiness. My son and DH, were my number one priority and if I could care for them and their well being then the rest is just an added bonus.
We often stress about things that have no definite boundaries...things that could...and in doing so we fail to be thankful for the things that we have at present. And if we take a closer look at the problem that is bothering us we being to realize that this is nothing when compared to the problems that some of  the people around us may be facing. But what to do we are only human and we are bound to react and act in ways we do.
What we need to know is that everyone has his/her own share of problems...while we stress about our home loans and car loans remember that there are those who are out there who are worrying about basic necessities like their next meal or where to sleep tonight. What we lack is gratitude.....we need to be grateful for the things we are, we have and our present and our past. And when faced with adversities try to be a coffee bean rather than an egg or a carrot (click here for story).


4 comments:

  1. when the situations are so difficult we must try to be get in the proactive track. otherwise the sequential bad incidents are adequate to lead a normal human being to depression.
    "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"
    When a situation is difficult or dangerous, strong people work harder to resolve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gave me another topic to write about...PROACTIVE thinking...will have to work on that one :)
    Thanks for your comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite true and so is chachan we are to face all sorts of troubles or hurdels in life :)
    Its only the burdens that we can carry that we'll we asked to bear :).........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sis for you comments
    :) Life can get difficult but when we have people to share it with it is worth it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback on the articles you read.
If you are a blogger like me please feel free to leave links to your blog so I can visit them and read your articles too.
Thank you!!